IEEE GHTC focuses on advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. This cross-disciplinary annual conference provides the perfect venue for those interested in humanitarian projects to join their peers in San Jose CA (USA) in October 2018.
GHTC is a global humanitarian technology conference focused on bringing together people to address the critical issues for the benefit of the resource-constrained and vulnerable populations in the world. It is an opportunity for IEEE to work with NGOs to identify the most pressing needs. We encourage participants from academia, for-profit and non-profit businesses, governmental and non-governmental organizations to attend and present research, ideas, and other considerations for the creation of effective humanitarian technology. We also invite participants to share case studies and lessons learned from deployment and application of humanitarian technologies.
- Foster exchange of information, networking, and cooperation in the humanitarian and emergency management fields.
- Focus attention on businesses who are enabling technologies in support of humanitarian principles and ways of operating.
- Impact in positive and meaningful ways lives of disadvantaged billions of people around the world.
- Explore science, engineering and technology solutions for vulnerable communities and attract young people to these professional fields.
- Highlight humanitarian technologies that promote successful practice, and attract humanitarian and emergency management practitioners in order to learn from their successes and better guide future research.
- Participate in an extensive, vibrant, and innovative technical program
- Learn from world-class knowledgeable practitioners working in the field
- Exchange information, share experiences and network with actively involved attendees
- Gain visibility and recognition for your humanitarian work and projects
- Find new resources, ideas, and potential partners or investors